Eighth Conference of States Parties to the Arms Trade Treaty (CSP8)
The Eighth Conference of States Parties (CSP8) of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) took place from 22-26 August 2022 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Reaching Critical Will did not publish an ATT Monitor during the CSP8 but has posted summaries from other organisations such as Control Arms below. Documents and available statements are available at the links below.
CSP8 Summaries by Control Arms
- Video summaries and key takeaways of the ATT by Roy Isbister
Reaching Critical Will resources
- "What about the Arms trade?", second podcast episode from WILPF's series Think & Resist: Conversations about Feminism and Peace
- How to mitigate gender-based violence against persistent security challenges in Burkina Faso? (French)
- Gender and armed violence: a look at the situation in Cameroon
- The link between the proliferation of SALW and gender-based violence in the DRC (French)
- Preventing gender-based violence through effective Arms Trade Treaty implementation
- Preventing gender-based violence through arms control: tools and guidelines to implement the Arms Trade Treaty and UN Programme of Action
- Gender-based violence and the Arms Trade Treaty
- Women, weapons, war: a gendered critique of multilateral instruments
- Trading arms, bombing towns: the lethal connection between the international arms trade and the use of explosive weapons in populated areas
- Briefs on arms transfers, explosive weapons, and the rights to health, education, and adequate housing