Sixth Conference of States Parties to the Arms Trade Treaty
The Sixth Conference of States Parties (CSP6) of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) will be held in Geneva, Switzerland from 17-21 August 2020.
Please note that the second preparatory meetings, originally scheduled from 14-17 April, are cancelled due to public health concerns of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
ATT stakeholders are encouraged to participate by submitting written comments and submissions until 21 May 2020. Draft documents for input were circulated on 21 April 2020. See here for the CSP6 plan of work for the intercessional period.
- Preparatory process
- Side events
- ATT Monitor - subscribe to receive daily during the conference
Reaching Critical Will resources
Recent research series on local and national perspectives on preventing gender-based violence through arms control (2019):
- How to mitigate gender-based violence against persistent security challenges in Burkina Faso? (French)
- Gender and armed violence: a look at the situation in Cameroon
- The link between the proliferation of SALW and gender-based violence in the DRC (French)
- Preventing gender-based violence through effective Arms Trade Treaty implementation
- Preventing gender-based violence through arms control: tools and guidelines to implement the Arms Trade Treaty and UN Programme of Action
- Gender-based violence and the Arms Trade Treaty
- Women, weapons, war: a gendered critique of multilateral instruments
- Trading arms, bombing towns: the lethal connection between the international arms trade and the use of explosive weapons in populated areas
- Briefs on arms transfers, explosive weapons, and the rights to health, education, and adequate housing