2021 CCW Group of Governmental Experts on lethal autonomous weapon systems
The meeting of the Group of Governmental Experts (GGE) on lethal autonomous weapon systems is scheduled to meet for 20 days in 2021:
- 28th June - 5th July 2021
- 3rd August - 13th August 2021
- 27th September to 1st October 2021
The GGE is convened through the Conference on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) and is chaired by Ambassador Marc Pecsteen de Buytswerve of Belgium.
All meetings will be held in the standard in-person format. In the event that such meetings become impossible due to COVID-19 restrictions, a further decision will be required on a consensus basis.
Reaching Critical Will resources
- CCW Report- subscribe to the "conventional weapons / emerging technologies of violence" mailing list to receive the report during the conference.
- Feminist perspectives on autonomous weapon systems
- A WILPF Guide to Killer Robots
- Letter on the technical decision to complete the 2020 CCW meeting cycle (26 March 2021)