Group of Governmental Experts on advancing responsible state behaviour in cyberspace in the context of international security
In December 2018, the General Assembly established two processes to discuss the issue of security in the ICT-environment during the period of 2019-2021. Resolution 73/266 established a Group of Governmental Experts (GGE) on advancing responsible state behvaiour in cyberspace in the context of international security.
The GGE will hold its first meeting in 2019 but will not submit a final report to the General Assembly until 2021. The group will be comprised of 25 members. It will be chaired by Ambassador Patriota of Brazil, who will additionally hold two informal consultations with all UN member states as well as six regional consultations.
1. Two-day informal consultations with all UN member states - New York, 5-6 December 2019
2. First session - New York, 9-13 December 2019
3. Second session - Geneva, March 2020 (dates TBD)
4. Third session - Geneva, August 2020 (dates TBD)
5. Two-day informal consultations with all UN member states - New York, 20-21 May 2021
6. Fourth session - New York, 24-28 May 2021
Regional meetings are planned in cooperation with the European Union (June 2019); the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (June 2019); the Organization of American States (August, 2019); Association of Southeast Asian Nations Regional Forum (October 2019); the African Union (2020); and the League of Arab States (2020).
Information about civil society access and participation at any of the above listed meetings will be made available on this site when confirmed. Click here for information about how to apply for accreditation and registration to the OEWG.